Last updated: September 13, 2023
1. Privacy Principles
Our business has been built on trust between our customers and ourselves. To preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, we maintain the following privacy principles:
- To create your online profile which we create for every user who registers on our website (www.mvivo.lk)
- We only collect and retain email addresses for the purposes set out in this policy.
- We use your personal information to provide you with better customer services and products.
- We will not disclose your personal information to any external organization unless we have your consent or are required by law or have previously informed you.
- We may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to Governmental or judicial bodies or agencies or our regulators, but we will only do so under proper authority.
- We aim to keep your personal information on our records accurate and up to date.
- We maintain strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information from anyone, including our staff.
- All our staff and all third parties with permitted access to your information are specifically required to observe our confidentiality obligations.
By maintaining our commitment to these principles, we will ensure that we respect the inherent trust that you place in us.
2. Your Privacy Matters to Us
This section provides specific details of how we treat any personal information you might wish to provide us when you use our Website (www.mvivo.lk) and/or any other application therein.
3. Security Assurance
You should be careful that your details including your User ID and/or Password are not compromised by ensuring that you do not knowingly or accidentally share, provide or facilitate unauthorised use of it. Do not share your User ID and/or password or allow access or use of it by others. We endeavor to put in place high standards of security to protect your interests.
You should safeguard your unique User ID and Password by keeping it secret and confidential. Never write them down or share these details with anyone. When choosing your unique User ID and Password for the first time, do not create it using easily identifiable information such as your birthday, telephone number or a recognisable part of your name. If you think your User ID and/or password has been disclosed to a third party, is lost or stolen and unauthorised transactions may have been conducted, you are responsible to inform us immediately.
4. Collection of Personal Information
4.1. Our Information Collection Statement
This Statement is made by MVIVO (Private) Limited (the Company) in accordance with the Laws of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka. The Statement is intended to notify you why personal data is collected, how it will be used and to whom data access requests are to be addressed.
a. Why we collect your data - we collect your personal information to carry out and administer our services to you and in an effort to improve your customer experience. Without such data the Company may be unable to open or continue with our website and/or any other application therein.
b. How your data may be used - Data relating to a customer may be used to:
Facilitate the daily operation of the services;
- To send marketing material, event invitations and updates. *
- The email address you provide may also be used to send you important updates and customer surveys. *
- Market financial services or related products:
- Meet the disclosure requirements of any law binding on the Company or any of its branches;
- To fulfill any other purposes relating thereto.
* Provided you indicate that you are interested in receiving our newsletters when you give us your contact details, we will send you marketing material and/or event invitations.
c. Disclosure of your personal information - Information held by the Company relating to a user will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph (b):
i. any agent, contractor or third-party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
ii. any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a group company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
iii. any person to whom the Company is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on the Company or any of its branches; and
iv. any actual or proposed assignee of the Company or participant or sub-participant or transferee of the Company’s rights in respect of the user.